9 Procurement Challenges Faced by Ship Owners in Thailand
In 2017, BASS conducted a survey during its Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) seminar that was organised in Bangkok with the assistance of the Thai Shipowners’ Association (TSA).
During the seminar, BASS shared how its BASSnet™ Fleet Management System can help ship owners address the top 4 challenges highlighted in the results. The following are the key takeaways:
1. Fleet Purchasing Monitoring & Overview
- Keeping track of fleet’s procurement status.
- Have to manually follow up with suppliers.
- BASSnet™ provides fleet-wide visibility of procurement status & history in a single screen.
2.Purchase Order & Service Order
- The processes of issuing Purchase Order and Service Order require huge amounts of highly repetitive manual paperwork.
- BASSnet™ allows systematic raising of Purchase Order & Service Orders, thus minimising manual labor and delays.
3. Supplier Management
- No central database of suppliers’ data such as contracted prices, purchase history & track record.
- This leads to issues such as re-engaging a supplier with a bad track record.
- BASSnet™ centrally stores data on different suppliers’ such as pricing and track record.
- Suppliers can be blacklisted in the system and will not appear in the supplier listing.
4. Budget Control
- Poor budget control due to lack of access to critical up-to-date data such as expenses and inventory.
- BASSnet™ allows fleet-wide inventory check on materials and spare parts.
- This allows cost saving by transfer of materials between vessels and warehouses, thus avoiding unnecessary purchases.
To learn more in detail about how BASSnet™ can address the top 4 challenges as well as the other 5 challenges, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +603-2173 6488.